15 Nov The Bulgarian Drug Agency authorized medicinal product Cilapenem of Tchaikapharma
The newest product of Tchaikapharma High Quality Medicines Inc., which BDA gave a marketing authorisation for, is Cilapenem 500 mg/500 mg powder for infusion solution.
Each phial contains the following active substances: 530 mg imipenem monohydrate, which is equivalent to 500 mg imipenem anhydrоus, and 532 mg cilastatin sodium, equivalent to 500 mg cilastatin.
The drug is indicated for the treatment of infections in adults and over 1 year-old children:
– Complicated intra-abdominal infections;
– Severe types of pneumonia, including nosocomial pneumonia and ventilator- associated pneumonia;
– Infections during and after birth;
– Complicated urinary tract infections;
– Complicated skin and soft tissue infections
Tsilapenem is also suitable for the treatment of patients with:
– Neutropenia and fever, suspected to be due to bacterial infection;
– Bacteraemia occurring in connection with or presumably associated with any of the above infections.
The medicinal product is subject to medical prescription.
ATC code: J01DH 51